2 Triathlons in Pearland this
Memorial Day Weekend 2017!
400 meter open water swim, 9 mile bike, 3 mile run
1500 meter open water swim, 18 mile bike, 6 mile run
Sunday, May 28, 2017
Race Director: Gaye Koenning
Email Race Director: Click to Email Gaye
Thanks to all our 2017 Sponsors:
LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY,
TEXAS GULF COAST CHAPTER
Boy Scout Troop 404, Pearland Texas
PACKET PICKUP LOCATIONS AND SCHEDULE:
**NOTE** THERE IS NO RACE MORNING PACKET PICKUP UNLESS YOU PAID THE ONLINE FEE AT REGISTRATION. IF YOU DID PAY THE RACE MORNING PACKET PICKUP FEE ONLINE, I NEED YOU TO PLEASE SCAN AND EMAIL YOUR 1) VALID PHOTO ID (SUCH AS TX DRIVER’S LICENSE), AND 2) VALID USAT MEMBERSHIP CARD TO ME NO LATER THAN FRIDAY MAY 19TH. IF YOU PURCHASED A ONE DAY RACING LICENSE ONLINE AND DO NOT HAVE A USAT MEMBERSHIP CARD THAT YOU CAN SCAN, PLEASE INCLUDE THAT IN YOUR EMAIL.
#1). HOUSTON-Thursday, May 25th, 2-7 PM, iCycle Bike Shop, 2040 East TC Jester, Houston TX 77008
#2). WEBSTER/CLEAR LAKE AREA-Friday, May 26th, 2-7 PM, Powerhouse Racing, 18201 Egret Bay Boulevard, Suite “A”, (2nd floor next to Murder By Chocolate) Houston, TX 77058
#3). PEARLAND-Saturday, May 27th, 10AM-2PM, Wild Pear Running, 9300 Broadway (FM 518), Pearland, TX 77584.
**IMPORTANT** ACCORDING TO USAT RULES YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR OWN PACKET INCLUDING ALL MEMBERS OF A RELAY TEAM. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHOW THE FOLLOWING IN ORDER TO PICK UP YOUR PACKET: *1) A VALID PHOTO ID* (SUCH AS TX DRIVER’S LICENSE) AND *2) A VALID USAT MEMBERSHIP CARD* (OR PURCHASE OF A ONE DAY RACING LICENSE EITHER ONLINE WHEN YOU REGISTERED OR AT PACKET PICKUP WITH CASH ONLY).
Location: Southwyck Lake Park – 2600 Shelby (at Northfork Drive) Drive, Pearland, TX, 77584.
Directions: Southwyck Lake Park is located 1 block South of FM 518 (aka Broadway) between County Road 90 and County Road 89 (aka Old Chocolate Bayou). From Houston, take Hwy 288 South past Beltway 8 and exit FM 518. Take FM 518 and travel east to race day parking at 9330 Broadway (aka FM 518) which is just past County Road 90.
Race Day Parking: Available at 9330 Broadway (FM 518) just past County Road 90 on your right. Note there is a short 15 minute walk to the Southwyck Lake Park from the parking lot. Please do not park at area schools because they are often utilized on Sunday mornings for church services.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
Race Start Times: Olympic race start is at 7 AM followed immediately by Sprint race.
Please complete these steps prior to the race start:
1. Body Marking: *NEW THIS YEAR* Participants will self-apply race number tattoos (TriTats) prior to the race. Application and removal instructions will be provided in your race number packet and will be distributed at packet pickup. Please have your self-adhesive bike number attached to the top tube of your bike and your TriTats race numbers already applied to your body before you arrive at the transition area to rack your bike.
2. Transition Area Setup for Sprint and Olympic Races: Opens at 5:30 AM and closes at 6:30 AM. Please rack your bike in the row that corresponds to your race category (Sprint/Olympic). There is no open racking. Note that the end of each bike rack will have a range of numbers designated on the sign. If your race number falls within that range of numbers, you may rack anywhere on that rack. We are currently planning a maximum of 6 bikes per rack.
Note to relay participants: All members of a relay team must be present at body marking. Your swimmer should have your relay swim cap. Your biker should have the 2-sided race number attached over the top tube of their bike. They will rack their bike on the racks designated for relays in the transition area. Your runner should have your relay race number attached either to a race belt or to the front of their shirt with safety pins.
3. Chip Timing: Provided by Run Wild Sports Timing. * NEW THIS YEAR* YOU WILL RECEIVE A DISPOSABLE CHIP AT PACKET PICKUP THAT YOU MUST BRING WITH YOU AND WEAR ON RACE DAY. THERE WILL BE A $10 REPLACEMENT FEE FOR LOST CHIPS.
4. Facilities: Portapotties and a handwashing station are conveniently located between the gazebo and the swim start. Please visit them if needed before the Pre-Race Meeting.
5. Practice swim will be allowed from 6:30-6:40 ONLY !!! For your safety, please wait until this window so that the lifeguards and boats will be in the water with you in case of an emergency. You will be asked to exit the water at 6:40 AM to begin lining up in your respective swim waves.
6. Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting for All Athletes at Swim Start: 6:40 AM
Note: Please click to download and read the
2017_Silverlake Tri Participant Instructions
NEW DOCUMENTS – 5/24/17:
2017 SWIM WAVES WITH CAPS
you are responsible for these instructions
|Click here to download SILVERLAKE TRI SPRINT SWIM COURSE MAP
Click here to download Silverlake and Southwyck Tri Bike Map
Click here to download Silverlake Sprint Tri Run Map
Click here to download SILVERLAKE TRI OLYMPIC SWIM COURSE MAP
Click here to download Silverlake and Southwyck Tri Bike Map
Click here to download Southwyck Olympic Tri Run Map
Click here to download Transition Flow Map_Sprint and Olympic
OPEN WATER SWIM WAVE STARTS
Click here to download
2017 Silverlake Triathlon WaveStarts
Please note that participants will be required to:
- Wear the swim cap provided to each participant at packet pickup. Please double check that you have been given the correct swim cap when you arrive at the swim start on race morning. A volunteer will be available if you need assistance.
- Step across the swim start timing mat with your wave in accordance with the event swim safety plan. Olympic racers will be making 2 loops of the Olympic swim course and will be required to briefly exit the water between loops and cross the swim 2nd loop timing mat in accordance with the event swim safety plan.
- Start the race at the designated wave start time-no exceptions please.
- A list of wave start times can be downloaded right above/below.
LODGING NEAR RACE SITE
Courtyard Marriot in the Pearland Town Center
11200 Broadway Street, Pearland TX 77584
*The Sprint Award ceremony will begin at approximately 9:30/10 AM and the Olympic Award ceremony will begin at approximately 10:30/11:00 AM. We ask for your patience with these approximate start times as the exact start time will depend on a lot of things happening in just the right order.
*All finishers of the 2017 Silverlake Triathlon Olympic and Sprint races will receive a finisher medal upon crossing the finish line. Bike and swim relay members can also receive a finisher medal when your runner crosses the finish line by approaching a finisher medal volunteer.
*Awards will be given to both the Olympic and Sprint Overall Male Winners, Overall Female Winners, Overall Master’s Male Winners (40+ years and up), and Overall Master’s Female Winners (40+ years and up).
*Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in 4-year gender-and-age-group increments beginning with under 15 Males and Females and ending with the oldest age group in both the Olympic and Sprint races.
*Awards will be given to 1st 2nd, and 3rd place relay team winners in both the Olympic and Sprint races.
Finisher Medals for all Participants
Logoed Race T-Shirt
Reusable Silicone Swim Cap
2017 Race Medals Too!
Race day action photos will be taken by John Thames of Spring Action Photos so be sure to
give him a big smile or a thumbs up when you pass the photographer.
Check your race packet flyer for more information on how to obtain your race photos.
2016 Race Results
2015 Race Results
We still need approximately 30 volunteers !!! Please contact the Race Director Gaye Koenning (email@example.com) if you can help on Saturday 5/27 before the race with course setup and onsite registration, or help on Sunday 5/28 during the race in the transition area, on the swim/bike/run course, at an aid station, or at the post-race party.
Volunteers will receive a logoed t-shirt, a thank you schwag bag, and attend the post-race party.
CHECK HERE FREQUENTLY FOR
IMPORTANT RACE UPDATES
- The unofficial water temperature taken on May 23rd was 80 degrees F.
- Your disposable timing chip will be in your white race number packet when you pick up your packet.
- The unofficial water temperature was 82 degrees F on Tuesday May 16th.
- The unofficial water temperature taken on May 9th was 76 degrees F.
- Please refer to the Competitive Rules on the USA Triathlon website for more information.
- THE LEAD OFFICIAL WILL ANNOUNCE IF THE RACE IS WET SUIT OPTIONAL ON RACE MORNING.
- THE SILVERLAKE TRIATHLON IS NOT A DRAFT LEGAL RACE.
- For more information on water temperature as it relates to wetsuit use, please refer to the USA Triathlon Competitive Rules on the www.usatriathlon.org website.
- Please download the participant instructions and read them. You are responsible for the information contained in the participant instructions.
- Time limits and cutoff times for the Sprint & Olympic races are posted in the participant instructions.
© Silverlake Triathlon 2017